Apriso FlexNet supports Windows 8
1 November 2012
Apriso has announced support for Windows 8 in the latest version of its manufacturing execution system FlexNet 9.6.
As a Windows 8 application, FlexNet 9.6 will continue to support Apriso’s strategy of offering seamless integration to Microsoft applications and Windows users by providing an infrastructure for its customers’ mobile, desktop and shop floor devices.
When FlexNet 9.6 is implemented as a platform for paperless manufacturing, considerable process flexibility and efficiency can be unlocked
Apriso FlexNet version 9.6 also offers better support for paperless manufacturing through:
- Easier modification of role-based electronic work instructions (eWI) by line-of-business users
- Track quality defects with Visual Quality Defect Tracking (vQDT), a visual digital representation of where quality defects occur for quality improvement
- Expanded real-time visibility into manufacturing process performance and intelligence.
“Paper-based processes cannot keep pace with the rate of change and fluid nature of today’s manufacturers that work across sites with a global supply chain. What typically results are wasted resources, costs, time and effort, severely limiting global process and quality standardisation,” said John Fishell, vice president of product management at Apriso. “When FlexNet 9.6 is implemented as a platform for paperless manufacturing, considerable process flexibility and efficiency can be unlocked, resulting in improved product quality, on-time performance and operational agility.”
It also accelerates can also help accelerate the introduction of new products through:
- Expanded business process re-use, standardisation and collaboration
- Better change and process management capabilities for continuous process improvement
- Greater linking of manufacturing process definitions from product lifecycle management (PLM) to ease process adherence and enforcement.
Add a comment