Dell simplifies corporate data protection
3 May 2013
Dell Software has unveiled new endpoint security enhancements to simplify the protection of corporate data regardless of operating system or device.
Dell KACE Management Appliances and Dell Quest User Workspace solutions, along with Dell Wyse Cloud Client Manager endpoint security capabilities including remote imaging, configuration management and mobile device management.
In addition, endpoint encryption and data protection safeguard enterprise data on the device in order to fully secure mobile applications and related business data.
With SonicWALL and SecureWorks, we mitigate the risk of viruses and security breaches while also going a step above for HIPAA compliance
Green Clinic New enhancements include:
- KACE K1000 Management Appliance – designed to improve patch management with support for Windows 8 and Windows 2012, expanded patch coverage and improved patch availability timelines.
- KACE 3000 Mobile Management Appliance – this extends established systems management to smartphones and tablets.
- Dell Wyse Client Cloud Manager – this latest release offers enhanced enterprise connectors and integration to Active Directory for automated user management and single sign-on capability. Dell Wyse Cloud Client Manager also includes enhanced mobile application management and integration to Dell Wyse Pocket cloud for managed remote access to corporate apps and data.
- Dell Data Protection | Encryption (DDP|E) – a new cloud edition further expands Dell’s ability to secure data at the corporate edge—from endpoint to mobile and now cloud – enabling high levels of PC security.
- Dell Networking W-Series ClearPass – the latest version of Dell’s ClearPass, a highly integrated access management solution for managing BYOD, connects to existing networks to manage policies, securely onboard devices, admit guest users, display device usage and perform health assessments. ClearPass allows customers to run one network for both guests and employees while maintaining appropriate security and service levels without requiring manual IT intervention.
Jason Thomas, CIO and IT director, Green Clinic, said “With Dell’s connected security solutions encompassing Dell KACE, SecureWorks, SonicWALL and Wyse, we’re able to meet existing system management requirements while addressing the growing need for BYOD and virtualisation.
"With Dell KACE, we sped up the deployment of our electronic medical records (EMR) system, which helps doctors diagnose patients more accurately and enhances the overall quality of patient care.
"With SonicWALL and SecureWorks, we mitigate the risk of viruses and security breaches while also going a step above for HIPAA compliance.
"And, Dell’s virtual desktop infrastructure gives physicians and administrators EMR access from any location, on any internet-connected device, so they can work productively and securely anywhere.”
Add a comment