Ten benefits of Microsoft Office 2013
12 September 2012
Since the new Office launched on July 16 2012, millions of people have downloaded the Customer Preview and likely updated their vocabulary to match the new things they’re doing, such as sharing links instead of attachments, moving documents from USB drives into the cloud and using a stylus that can’t run out of ink. The new Office is leaving the many frustrations of previous technologies behind, and this list complied by Microsoft provides the top ten sayings you will no longer have to utter through gritted teeth when computing.
1. “I can’t find the USB stick I saved that doc on!” – The hunt is over – the new office is ‘in the cloud’, and your documents are with you on any device.
2. “Let me grab my notes for the presentation.” – Keep your hands free by privately viewing speaker notes, upcoming slides and presentation time through new features in PowerPoint Presenter View.
3. “Does anyone have a pen I can borrow?” – Use touch and inking to take notes, write emails and access features with the new Office and Windows 8.
4. “I wish I could use content from this PDF!” – Open PDF files as word documents with PDF Reflow in the new Word. Then copy and reuse the content elsewhere in Office.
5. “Where was I in this document?” – New Word and PowerPoint documents remember where you were and pick up right where you left off.
6. “Sorry for the extra mail, I forgot to attach.” – New Outlook Mail Tips lets you know if an attachment is missing. You can also share links to documents saved on SkyDrive and avoid sending attachments back and forth.
7. “There isn’t a good time to review this with everyone.” – Bring people together with the new Office Web Apps no matter the distance – even those who don’t have Office can collaborate.
8. “Cleaning up this data will take all night.” – Tell Flash Fill to extract pieces of data for you in new Excel.
9. “Congrats. When were you promoted?” – Connect your social networks to Office for real-time pictures, contact information and status updates.
10. “I know I saved that receipt somewhere.” – Take pictures of your receipts, and find them quickly with Image Search in the new OneNote app for Windows 8.
Add a comment